OPEN CALL FOR PROJECTS FOR THE FLAGSHIP “KAPANA CREATIVE DISTRICT”. FOCUS: YOUTHS CORE
Plovdiv 2019 Foundation commences the fifth phase of the flagship project Kapana Creative District by announcing an Open Call for events in public spaces in Kapana with focus on youths culture, contemporary circus, street art.
The open call aims to support the implementation of events which would take place at the Core /Yadroto/, among the streets of Kapana and in the parks next to the creative district, and which are inspired and implemented by partnership collaboration with youths organisations and youth participants from Plovdiv and the region.
On 23rd May 2019, with protocol No. 163, the Board of Directors of the Plovdiv 2019 Foundation endorsed the results of the jury.
Twenty-four proposals were received for the competition. Of these, the jury selected twelve projects, totalling BGN 49,981.07, and proposed one reserve. The selected candidates have to confirm their participation till 31 May 2019. All but one of the candidates confirmed their projects and the implementation started, the reserve project had entered and here – you can see the vents in Kapana.
The candidates’ proposals, the results and the reviews of the jury can be seen in the Protocole here /available only in Bulgarian Language/.
We thank everyone for the interest and we invite you all to see the performances, the concerts and the creative interventions from the mid of June till the end of 2019.
What was the FOCUS of the Open Call:
- Campaigns and Performative acts, Streets Art, Contemporary Circus;
- Artistic Interventions in Public Spaces;
- Dance performances, Theatre, Music, Literature, Cinema.
The project proposals should comply with:
- The specific characteristics, the status, the history and the contemporary life of the district;
- The goals of the project to develop Kapana as an area for cultural and creative activity;
- The characteristics of the place for which they are suggested and designed;
- The audience which is targeted, as numbers and type;
- The ordinance on public order and security;
- The ordinance on trade activities.
The evaluation of the projects proposals will be done on the basis of the following criteria:
- Creative potential and artistic value of the project;
- Contribution to the implementation of the goals of the Kapana Creative District Project;
- Contribution to the development and the improvement of the urban environment;
- Contribution to attracting and developing new audiences;
- Inclusion of the citizens and the people living in the quarter in the realization of the project.
TOTAL BUDGET OF THE OPEN CALL: 50 000 BGN. /FINAL SUM WITH ALL TAXES INCLUDED/
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING: 3 MAY 2019
IMPLEMENTATION PERIOD: 20TH JUNE – 20TH NOVEMBER 2019. /THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROJECTS SHOULD NOT COINCIDE OR BE IN THE FRAMEWORK OF ANOTHER BIG-SCALE EVENT, TAKING PLACE IN KAPANA/.
Check all the details in the section About the project.
The event in the social profile: https://www.facebook.com/events/572934219894870/