OPEN CALL FOR PROJECTS FOR THE FLAGSHIP “KAPANA CREATIVE DISTRICT”. FOCUS: YOUTHS CORE
On March 27th, Plovdiv 2019 Foundation commenced the fifth phase of the flagship project Kapana Creative District by announcing an Open Call for events in public spaces in Kapana with focus on youths culture, contemporary circus, street art.
The open call aimed to support the implementation of events which would take place at the Core /Yadroto/, among the streets of Kapana and in the parks next to the creative district, and which are inspired and implemented by partnership collaboration with youths organisations and youth participants from Plovdiv and the region.
Eligible activities were:
- Campaigns and Performative acts, Streets Art, Contemporary Circus;
- Artistic Interventions in Public Spaces;
- Dance performances, Theatre, Music, Literature, Cinema.
The project proposals should have complied with:
- The specific characteristics, the status, the history and the contemporary life of the district;
- The goals of the project to develop Kapana as an area for cultural and creative activity;
- The characteristics of the place for which they are suggested and designed;
- The audience which is targeted, as numbers and type;
- The ordinance on public order and security;
- The ordinance on trade activities.
The evaluation of the projects proposals had been done on the basis of the following criteria:
- Creative potential and artistic value of the project;
- Contribution to the implementation of the goals of the Kapana Creative District Project;
- Contribution to the development and the improvement of the urban environment;
- Contribution to attracting and developing new audiences;
- Inclusion of the citizens and the people living in the quarter in the realization of the project.
Total budget of the open call: 50 000 BGN. /final sum with all taxes included/
Deadline for applying: 3rd May 2019
Implementation period: 20th June – 20th November 2019. /the implementation of the projects should not coincide or be in the framework of another big-scale event, taking place in Kapana/.
On 23rd May 2019, with protocol No. 163, the Board of Directors of the Plovdiv 2019 Foundation endorsed the results of the jury, which met on 14th May. Twenty-four proposals were received for the competition. Of these, the jury selected twelve projects, totalling BGN 49,981.07, and proposed one reserve. The selected candidates have to confirm their participation until 31 May 2019.
The candidates’ proposals, the results and the reviews of the jury can be seen in the Protocole here /available only in Bulgarian Language/.
The event in our social profile: https://www.facebook.com/events/572934219894870/
On 23rd May 2019, with protocol No. 163, the Board of Directors of the Plovdiv 2019 Foundation endorsed the results of the jury. Twenty-four proposals were received for the competition. Of these, the jury selected twelve projects, totaling BGN 49,981.07, and proposed one reserve. The selected candidates have to confirm their participation until 31 May 2019.
The candidates’ proposals, the results and the reviews of the jury can be seen in the Protocole here /available only in Bulgarian Language/ – https://bit.ly/2M2OW6n
We thank everyone for the interest and we invite you all to see the performances, the concerts and the creative interventions from the mid of June till the end of 2019.
#together is always better. #admire #create #watch #perfrom #listen #play #CreativePlayground
Here is a list of the events selected through the call:
Here are the links to selected projects:
- Whim ‘n Rhythm Concert July 8 2019.
- The Drum Circle combines – August 11 / Park to Djumaya Mosque /, September 14 / Nebet tepe / , September 21 / Nebet tepe /
- Photo exhibition “The Good Deeds on the Camera” (August 12 – September 7).
- #TOGETHERonPassArt – When: 23.08.2019 (Friday) from 17:00 to 22:00. IN FRONT OF ONE ART CAFÉ – GALLERY. Free entry!
- Open-Air Cinema in front of Gallery 28 in Kapana (6 and 7th September)
- Musical performance “The Seven Wonders of Bulgaria” Date: 14 September 2019 (Saturday)
- 6Fest street festival in Kapana (27 September) Night of Stories | 6Fest in Kapana (28 September)
- Cause Nature: to the Perpetual Peace: 29 September and 6th October
- Tales of Life theatre performance (5 and 6 October)
- WANTED – ONE GOOD PERSON – Theatre and Musical performance (12 and 13 October)
- THE SOUND OF THE FAR EAST – (25th and 26th October)
- TEMPO – Celebration in Kapana with dancing, sports, music and songs live (1 November)
About the project
The Project Kapana Creative District aims to sustain and develop the potential of this central urban zone as an area of investigation, innovation and experiments in the cultural sphere, the creative industries and cultural management. The flagship project is part of the programme of Plovdiv European Capital of Culture 2019 in the cluster “Urban Dreams” of the Transform Platform devoted to long-lasting and stable interventions in the urban zone, rethinking and revitalization of the forgotten spaces and the applying of new cultural function in them. With series of approaches, assisting the artistic initiatives and the entrepreneurship in Kapana District, Plovdiv 2019 Foundation works for its affirmation as the first quarter of creative industries in the country. The four consecutive phases of the project since 2014 till the present moment gave the opportunity to the creative industries to search and find its natural place in the quarter. The next step is to present a special emphasis on the youth perspective and creativity as a logical, recognizable and adequate territory of urban space and a bridge to European culture and inspiration and to attract new generation of artists and audiences. https://visitkapana.bg/