In October 2016 Plovdiv 2019 Foundation launched an open call for Phase III of the competition for funding proposals under the project of “Plovdiv 2019”- “Kapana Creative District”, direction “Kapana: Events and Interventions in Public Spaces” and received 27 proposals.
The jury chose to support nine projects, among which to allocate the grant of 20 000 BGN. The conceptual proposals of the candidates covered all levels set out in the terms of the invitation- interventions in a public environment, urban gardening, active interaction of participants, educational initiatives, artistic interventions in urban environments, workshops and demonstrations.
The favorites of the jury of this competition brought several essential features that Kapana carries as a potential or displayed as necessary, namely: cultural revival of physical objects that gives life to the neighborhood; Lack of “green” elements on the specifics of the neighborhood give particular focus on performances of urban gardening; Temporary artistic interventions in the public space, which give active impulse for the time given slot; Active educational initiatives that poses interest, provoke knowledge and gradually saturate the lack of knowledge and awareness.
Together with the selection of events which will happen till May 2017 in Kapana, Phase III incuded also the presentation of the New Visual Identity of the district and the new web platform dedicated to the project. The new visual identity of Kapana integrates the idea that the district is an area of development and change- a work in progress in search of its identity and vibe.
This is why its visual identity invites to visit and experience the place on the one hand and become part of its creation and development on the other. Everyone is free to choose and switch roles- an inspired spectator or a searching creator. Kapana is presented in layers, symbolizing its cultural coherence and diversity.
- The “5 for 4” foundation for their project “Kapana is”. Allocation of 3500BGN; Check more about the event HERE.
- Association “Theatre of fire and shadows- Fireter” project LICA/FACES/CARAS. Allocation- 5000BGN; Check more about the event HERE.
- NGO Association BioNetwork “Plant Kapana” gets 3400BGN; Check more about the event HERE.
- “Trendy KAPANA” on Alenia Ltd. receives support of 2,000BGN; Check more about the event HERE.
- NGO “School Board of art schools” for “Celebration in a Box” received 1,300BGN; Check more about the event HERE.
- 1000 BGN received the project of “Dirya”- “Urban composting”; Check more about the event HERE and HERE.
- Workshop and demonstration of Chiprovo carpets ET “CHUSHKARCHETO” supported by 1,000BGN; Check more about the event HERE.
- The interactive educational project “Eco School PLOVEDIV” of “Kontrabranda” Ltd. receives 1,800BGN; Check more about the event HERE.
- Workshops for carving candles “Ethno Style” Ltd. with support from 1000BGN; Check more about the event HERE.
The jury selected reserve projects of the “Plovdiv Photography Centre” for a series of photographic exhibitions and outdoor Association “Key – Turn” for performances for children and adults.
The Protocole of the Jury is HERE.
The new visual identity of the neighborhood was presented also during this particular period. For more information HERE.